Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Not To Cool For School



This week I am facilitating a lesson at my old high school and the project my kids are working on is a slab self portrait project and are required to use a picture of their face and elements of things that interest them.  This is the first time that I have touched clay and done something really artsy with it since october, and its also my first time doing something like this at a high school.  Its been a very interesting experience and I'm curious to see what my last few days bring.

This is my self portrait plate. Turned myself into a sugar skull, the brain represents what pours out of my head while I'm working and what parts of my mind that I access while doing these things.  The back is going to have fused skull elements. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment