Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Proud Production

Yesterday afternoon, I was let go early from my first job and I thought to my self, "What the heck. Should I go to the studio today and make some things?"  Well that decision took all of five seconds and I was marching from the school cafe right over to the ceramics building.

Even though I am no longer an undergraduate student, I still work for NHIA and am enrolled in an alumni studio ceramics class.  I haven't really had the drive to want to make anything in the studio, until now.  This is certainly a small step in motivation and productivity but I'm happy it is a step at that.  After Art Attack! this weekend, aside from making a pretty decent amount of money, it made me realize that I love doing what I do.  I love working with clay.  I love being an artist, and I love selling my work, so why not make more work? Long story short, some of my hot sellers were necklaces and bowls. I really enjoyed making the necklace pendants, so that's what I made last night.

When I'm sitting at the security desk at work, I just stare into the screen of my lap top for hours and want to hurt myself because being on facebook THAT long is just bad for your health.  Granted I'm working, but the job is not super difficult, so I waste a lot of my time all the time.

Minus about an hour or so of prep, here is what I wound up with after 7 hours of work:
17 pendants later, I now have 14 Russian Nesting Doll pendants, some with a Day of the Dead twist to them, and three other random little gems, charming.  I am really excited for these to get fired so I cant paint and seal them!

I will post a picture soon of some left over finished pendants from Art Attack!

1 comment: